United Methodist Men Mission Statement
United Methodist Men shall be a creative, supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ, to grow spiritually and to seek daily his will.
Our primary purpose is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships.
The major concerns are:
- To encourage knowledge of and support for the total mission of The United Methodist Church
- To engage inn evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel in its personal and social dimensions
- To clarify and speak to the identity and role of the man in contemporary society
- To seek commitment to discipleship
- To study and become familiar with The United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs
- To cooperate with all units of United Methodist Men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference, jurisdiction, and church-wide goals
Men seeking membership in a local United Methodist Men's Fellowship shall subscribe to the "Purpose" of United Methodist Men and to these personal objectives:
- Engage daily in Bible study and prayer
- Bear witness to Christ's way in daily work and in all personal contacts through words and actions
- Engage in some definite Christian service
The Book of Discipline, The United Methodist Church
Corridor of Shame
Read a special report on the "Corridor of Shame" and the project underway by the UMM at Aldersgate UMC.